Softening Brown Sugar
13th April 2020
Have you ever gone into your kitchen cupboard for brown or muscovado sugar to find it is rock solid? This should only happen if you have opened a packet but how often do you use a whole packet all at once? There is a really simple solution to this, and it doesn’t involve a hammer and chisel!
- place your brick of sugar in a microwave safe bowl
- wet and lightly ring out a piece of kitchen towel
- place it over the sugar and microwave for 1 minute
- use a fork to break up the sugar as much as possible
- if you still have lumps, cover again with wet kitchen towel, place back in the microwave and blitz for 15 seconds
- use a fork to continue to break up the sugar
- continue until you can mash your sugar completely with a fork.